Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Twilight is coming out on DVD soon, and I need your help!


Okay, now that I probably have your attention, I'm having a really hard time deciding what to do about this Friday/weekend. I know this isn't really craft-related, but it's going right here anyway. So there.

So here's my dilemma... I thought it would be really fun to go to one of the Twilight DVD parties that are happening on Friday night. Borders is having one at their stores at 10pm. Their schtick is that they'll have lots of Twilight-themed activities, including Vampire Baseball Trivia (complete with lightning round! :)) and they'll be doing drawings for free stuff. Everyone loves free stuff. :) The not-so-fun part is that, in order to buy the movie there, you have to have either pre-ordered it with them or be one of the lucky crazy people who's going to line up outside their store all dressed up or something to receive their magic wristband. I added the part about dressing up, but that's what always happens at these things. I don't want to be that person.

Option 2 is to go to Wal*Mart's DVD party. It sounds like they'll have tons of Twilight gear, and you don't have to show up ridiculously early or wear vampire teeth to receive a copy of the movie. Admittedly, wearing vampire teeth sounds kind of fun, but I try to keep that stuff at home. :) I would hate to embarass Scott. :) It might be a fun excuse to wear my cat ears, though, not that I need one. Anyway, the point is that I would be able to get a copy of the movie without waiting in a line that has a predetermined starting time. That's always kind of freaked me out. I can handle everyone for themselves, though.

Where all you guys come in is right there at the top right of my blog. There's a poll there where you can all help me figure out what to do. If any of you are going to be attending a Twilight DVD party, please let me know! If any of you are in the area, we could go together! I'm not influencing, though... please, I need your help!

1 comment:

  1. I voted, but man, I can't believe I told you to go get Twilight. *ick* LOL Sorry! Not a Twilight fan. :)

    I also hate to support Wal-Mart but those themed parties at bookstores are always insane. If you are ready to get insane, go for it...but Wal-Mart would be calmer. i went that route via the Get Harry Potter 7 book and came in closer to midnight, when they weren't even giving out bracelets anymore, and was able to hang out for just a few minutes and get one without a stampede.

    Either way, I say go for it somewhere Friday and have a blast! Dress up, get crazy!

    ReplyDelete