Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hockey Season is Over...

Let me start by clarifying that I'm talking about high school hockey. So no smartass remarks.

There. Now that that's out of the way, I had the pleasure of making the invitations for the Big Rapids Cardinals Hockey team's annual awards banquet. Now I'm really starting to branch out in my audience! Those of you who know me know that hockey is my thing. Everyone has a thing, and hockey is a very significant thing to me. So this was definitely a big deal. On top of all that, it's my little brother's hockey team.

Justin (aforementioned little brother) usually plays travel hockey all year (he's been playing since he was a wee laddy), but this year, he got the chance to switch schools and made the high school team! I was so frickin' excited for him. I even made him special Big Rapids Cardinals Hockey cupcakes with his number on them. :) You can see those in my Thanksgiving post, by the way... (hint, hint...)

As you can imagine, I used the team's colors as the base of the design. I used my cricut, as always, and made the beautiful frame shape for the base of the invitation. From there, it was really just figuring out how the wording was going to come out. I did use a couple of cool embellishments to make it look "official", but those were pretty easy. I used a blue satin ribbon and then cut some fancy corners on the text card. I attached the team's logo to the pretty satin ribbon, and voila! You have a beautiful custom-made invitation. :) Did I mention its beauty? Yeah. I'm pretty proud of these.
 So... now that you know where to get your custom-made invitations, I'm sure I'll be hearing from some of you. ;)  If I don't, I suppose we can still be friends. This last picture I just took because I love seeing all the cards I made in a big pile. You might have noticed I like to do that in previous posts. It looks cool. And official. Like I'm mass-producing them or something. But no, they're special. Just for you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment